About this blog

This blog is all about fly fishing for native trout. On it I cover trip reports, fishing tactics, conservation, the latest news about native trout species and much more. This site provides a companion to my web page nativetroutflyfishing.com.

Gary

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Website updates

So I have been working my way through each type of trout and salmon that I have caught on my Trout and Salmon Page and adding profiles for each one. The profiles include a general overview on the life history, status and appearance of each fish, as well as additional pictures. To say the least the amount of work that goes into putting each one of these new pages on is ridiculous and as such it is likely going to take a fair amount of time to get the pages up and running. At this point I have added pages for the five species of Pacific salmon and each fish in the rainbow-redband trout lineage. I am working away at the cutthroat lineage and just got the coastal cutthroat online.

I also am working on writing up some overviews on a variety of fishing destinations and added a page about fly fishing in the Puget Sound, which is place that anyone who enjoys fishing for native salmonids must visit at least once.

With the amount of work that these updates have been requiring I have not had a chance to add any fly patterns yet, but have a page in the works right now and it should be up in another week or so.

1 comment:

Cutthroat Stalker (Scott) said...

Gary, Taking your time is definitely worth it, because those are some great pages! Keep it up!