About this blog

This blog is all about fly fishing for native trout. On it I cover trip reports, fishing tactics, conservation, the latest news about native trout species and much more. This site provides a companion to my web page Nativetroutflyfishing.com.

Gary

Thursday, April 28, 2011

New piece of art work above the tying desk

As a parting gift from my previous job at the Gig Harbor Fly Shop to my new job as a Fisheries Biologist with WDFW, my good friend and the shop owner Blake got me an awesome replica of an Alvord Cutthroat that I caught back in 2008. This extraordinary piece of art work was created by another friend of my Luke Filmer, who runs Blackwater Fish Replicas and has never ceased to amaze me with the beautiful work that he turns out. I have to say that this is a very welcomed addition above the tying desk!

My new piece of artwork!

Also a reminder if you haven't already written a letter to the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife in regards to the remaining Alvord Cutthroat, please do so. For more information please follow this link.

2 comments:

Feather Chucker said...

That's pretty sweet, I've always wanted to get a trout carving. They are pricey.

Dustin's Fly Box said...

AWESOME!! All I got over my tying desk is dust.